Section 71.110 Complementary Studies for Engineering and Computer Science Students
General Education Electives
To fulfill the requirements of the General Education Elective or General Electives, students may choose the courses from the three lists below:
Other Complementary Studies
The following courses may not be taken for credit by students in the Extended Credit Program (ECP) or the Mature Entry Program (MEP) to fulfill the additional six credits in Humanities and Social Sciences requirements:
- In some instances, students may have to complete specific prerequisites before taking any of the following courses. Those prerequisite courses are not counted towards their programs unless they are specifically listed on the student’s offer of admission or listed as courses required for the completion of their programs. The relevant prerequisites in each case are stated in the departmental course descriptions.
- Prior to registering, students who do not have any specified prerequisites for a course must obtain permission of the relevant Department.
- An ESL course or an introductory course that deals with the acquisition of a language will not be considered as a General Education elective or a General Elective.
- Should students wish to take a course not listed below, they must receive written permission from the Student Academic Services Office of the Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science prior to taking the course.
- Students in the Extended Credit Program (ECP) or the Mature Entry Program (MEP) (see Section 14.2.3 Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science under Section 14.2 Program Requirements) or any other students who have been assigned credits in Humanities and Social Sciences must select those credits from the two corresponding lists below. Those credits cannot be chosen from the list of Other Complementary Studies.
- Section 71 Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Section 71.10 Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Section 71.20 BEng
- Section 71.30 Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Section 71.40 Department of Mechanical, Industrial and Aerospace Engineering
- Section 71.50 Department of Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Section 71.55 Aerospace Engineering
- Section 71.60 Engineering Course Descriptions
- Section 71.70 Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Section 71.70.1 Curriculum for the Degree of Bachelor of/Baccalaureate in Computer Science
- Section 71.70.2 Degree Requirements (BCompSc)
- Section 71.70.3 Extended Credit Program
- Section 71.70.4 Honours Program
- Section 71.70.5 Minor in Computer Science
- Section 71.70.6 Programs Related to Computer Science
- Section 71.70.7 C.Edge (Career Edge) Option and Reflective Learning Courses
- Section 71.70.8 Curriculum for the Degree of BEng in Software Engineering
- Section 71.70.9 Degree Requirements for the BEng in Software Engineering
- Section 71.70.10 Computer Science and Software Engineering Courses
- Section 71.75 Computer Science in Health and Life Sciences
- Section 71.80 Computation Arts and Computer Science
- Section 71.85 Data Science
- Section 71.90 Centre for Engineering in Society
- Section 71.100 Concordia Institute for Information Systems Engineering
- Section 71.105 Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Section 71.110 Complementary Studies for Engineering and Computer Science Students