The C.Edge option is available in the following programs in the BCompSc and BEng degrees:
The academic content is identical to that of the regular programs with the addition of a four-month work term. However, in order to enrol in the C.Edge option in the Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science, students must satisfy the requirements set by the individual department.
Students may have the C.Edge option recorded on their official transcript and student record, provided they successfully complete the Reflective Learning course associated with this work term.
C.Edge work terms will be coded as ENGR 107, ENGR 207, and ENGR 307, and the associated Reflective Learning courses will be coded as ENGR 108, ENGR 208, and ENGR 308 respectively.
For a full description of the C.Edge format and requirements, please refer to Section 24 Institute for Co‑operative Education of this Calendar.
Accelerated Career Experience Option
A limited number of students in the BCompSc and BEng degrees are permitted to supplement their studies with the Accelerated Career Experience option, which is offered in the following programs:
The academic content is identical to that of the regular programs with the addition of one 12- or 16-month work term. Students are registered in their work experience courses (ACCE 100, 200, 300, 400). However, in order to continue their studies in the Accelerated Career Experience option in the Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science, students must satisfy the following conditions:
- must be in acceptable standing and maintain a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 2.70 in their program (the CGPA is calculated in the manner described in Section 16.3.10 Academic Performance under Section 16.3 Evaluation, Administrative Notations, Examinations, and Performance Requirements);
- be assigned a grade of pass for each of the work experience courses. Under certain conditions, students may be placed on co-op probation status;
- remain in their designated work-study sequence. Any deviations must have prior approval by the director of the Institute for Co-operative Education in consultation with the appropriate co-op academic director;
- must have completed at least 48 credits in their degree/program before applying;
- must have at least 15 credits remaining after the completion of the Accelerated Career Experience work term.
For a full description of the Accelerated Career Experience format and requirements, please refer to Section 24 Institute for Co‑operative Education.