Loyola College grew out of the English-language program of Collège Sainte-Marie, a Jesuit college founded in 1848. Loyola College became a separate institution in 1896. Loyola was first located in downtown Montreal before it relocated to land it acquired in 1900 in the city’s west end. The college moved into the three original buildings on the current Loyola Campus in 1916.
The ideals of the university’s founding institutions continue until today