Privacy & Protection of Personal Information
As an institution, Concordia is subject to the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information, chapter A-2.1 (the “Act”). This law defines Personal Information as any information that allows an individual to be identified, either directly or indirectly.
How we protect your Personal Information
At Concordia, we are committed to the protection of the Personal Information of the members of our university community. In accordance with our obligations we have created tools and have adopted policies and procedures to manage our obligations and to provide all required information to the members of the community.
In the course of its regular operations, Concordia collects and holds Personal Information regarding members of the university community.
Why Concordia collects student information
The university collects student information for the purpose of providing educational programs to students.
- Learn more about how the University's Privacy Notice for Students applies to student Personal Information.
Additional important information
- Sets out the principles and describes the obligations which govern the protection of Personal Information throughout the life cycle of documents and describes the rights of individuals regarding their Personal Information;
- Sets out the university’s obligation to only collect Personal Information from individuals on the basis of clear, free, informed consent;
- States that Personal Information shall only be used for the purposes for which it was collected;
- Defines the roles and responsibilities of the various stakeholders in relation with the protection of Personal Information at the university; and
- Identifies the rights of those wishing to access documents held by the university.
The protection of Personal Information is an important obligation for the university. The responsibility for protecting Personal Information and for Access to Information rests with the Secretary-General and General Counsel, Me Frederica Jacobs, under the University Secretariat. Me Jacobs is the university’s Privacy Officer as well as the person responsible for access under the Act. Questions and/or complaints about the use of Personal Information can be directed to email@example.com.