Section 71.70.4 Honours Program
Students should refer to Section 16.2 Curriculum Regulations of the Calendar for academic regulations for the honours program. The following regulations are additional requirements for the Honours BCompSc program.
- Applications to enter an honours program must be submitted to the Office of the Associate Dean (Student Academic Services) at least three months before the start of the term in which the student wishes to enter an honours program.
- Students must complete at least 30 credits towards their degree before entering an honours program.
- Students who are required to withdraw from an honours program may continue in the BCompSc degree provided they are in acceptable or conditional standing according to the academic regulations in Section 71.10.3 Academic Regulations.
Course Requirements for Honours Programs
Honours students must fulfill the requirements of the BCompSc Bachelor of/Baccalaureate in Computer Science. In addition, to receive an honours degree:
|Students must have a final graduation GPA of at least 3.30.|
|Students must successfully complete the following course as one of the Computer Science electives for the BCompSc: |
• COMP 490 Computer Science Project I (3.00)
Students must successfully complete at least six of the General Electives credits chosen from the list of Computer Science Electives with at least two of the following:
COMP and SOEN courses with a number between 6000 and 6951.
- Section 71.70 Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Section 71.70.1 Curriculum for the Degree of Bachelor of/Baccalaureate in Computer Science
- Section 71.70.2 Degree Requirements (BCompSc)
- Section 71.70.3 Extended Credit Program
- Section 71.70.4 Honours Program
- Section 71.70.5 Minor in Computer Science
- Section 71.70.6 Programs Related to Computer Science
- Section 71.70.7 C.Edge (Career Edge) Option and Reflective Learning Courses
- Section 71.70.8 Curriculum for the Degree of BEng in Software Engineering
- Section 71.70.9 Degree Requirements for the BEng in Software Engineering
- Section 71.70.10 Computer Science and Software Engineering Courses