Why study Economics?
Want to see the big picture? At the John Molson School of Business, our Economics major is applied. Because we look at the world though a business lens, you don’t just analyze data to discover how society, politics and the environment interact with business, you also develop business strategies and organizational tactics to tackle economic problems big and small.
In an Economics major in the JMSB BComm degree, you’ll:
- Study all our core Commerce curriculum
- Acquire a sound background in economic theory
- Place an applied emphasis on organizational analysis and consulting
- Focus on large and international businesses or small enterprises
- Develop sustainable, ethical and competitive management skills
- Choose business-related minors to complement your Economics major
BComm in Economics
A Bachelor of Commerce degree takes a minimum of three or four years (90 - 120 credits) of full-time study, depending on your academic background. All JMSB students follow a core business curriculum coupled with a JMSB major, which may be combined with a minor in another discipline or any combination of elective courses that interest them.
- Core business courses (42 credits)
- Economics major courses (24 credits)
- Electives (24 credits) which may include a business minor (12 credits)
JMSB Minor in Economics
A Minor in Economics (12 credits) is available only to JMSB undergraduate students. This minor fulfils half of the 24 elective credits in your BComm and complements your major field of study.
We consider complete applications year round and we give priority to applicants who apply by official deadlines. Late applications will be considered if places are still available for the fall term only.
|You've sent your application from:||Fall term deadline||Winter term deadline|
|Inside Canada||March 1
Certain programs have extended their deadlines. Please check program availability.
Not all programs are available for this term.
Please check program availability.
|Outside Canada (International)||February 1||September 1|
We reserve the right to close admission to a program at any time after the official deadline without prior notice.
Our degree opens up many careers paths, including:
- Financial analyst
- Environmental assessment project coordinator
- Market research analyst
- Economic statistician
- Public sector researcher
- Bachelor program
- The JMSB Advantage
- Program structure
- Tuition & aid
- Current students