Our key goals are to provide consultative and professional services in support of recruiting, selecting, and hiring the most qualified candidates.
Training and development unit
The unit's key goals are:
- To provide consultative and professional services in support of training and development activities for our employees throughout the university.
- To assess training and development needs and to design and implement programs that address the specific requirements of staff and management.
- Successful integration of our employees by ensuring we provide an enriching New Employee Orientation program.
- Provide advice to our employees and managers on a broad range of training and development topics.
- Advise on possible skills and retraining requirements.
- Create and diffuse training and tools on a broad variety of topics.
The Employee and Labour Relations unit provides advice to supervisory and management staff on issues respecting human resources and employee relations management, collective agreements, attendance and performance management and employee discipline.
The Shared Services team is your first point of contact at HR. Its job is to answer whatever HR-related questions you may have. When it can’t, it will direct you to someone who can.
Information systems and data management
Our key goal is to support all HR employees in the use of the Human Resource Information System.
Payroll provides accurate and timely payments to all University faculty, staff and students.