The Employee and Labour Relations unit provides advice to supervisory and management staff on issues respecting human resources and employee relations management, collective agreements, attendance and performance management and employee discipline.
The unit also:
- Supports management in responding to and resolving grievances and employee complaints;
- Assists and supports management by providing appropriate advice on rights and responsibilities under labour agreements and pertinent legislation;
- Supports the Office of General Counsel in preparing and presenting cases before an arbitrator or any other administrative tribunal;
- Negotiates and drafts grievance settlements and letters of agreement;
- Develops and delivers training on labour relations and human resources management;
- Assists in administrative re-organizations;
- Collective bargaining preparation, research and bargaining of collective aggreements and agreements.
- Responds to questions from employees regarding their working conditions and respective collective agreement.
Unions and associations