Sun Life - Frequently Asked Questions
- The policy number is 103424.
- The certificate number is your Concordia Employee ID, minus the zeros at the beginning of the number. For example: Concordia employee ID: 0000111111. Your certificate number is: 111111.
- The Sun Life system does not support zeroes at the beginning of ID numbers in their system.
Yes, the policy number is 103424 and there is one policy number for all benefits.
- There is no dental card as the policy number is the same for all benefits.
- Give your dentist your new policy number (103424) and your certificate number (your Concordia employee ID number minus the front zeros). See question #1 above.
Your drug card is a direct payment card, which means you only pay your portion of the cost at the pharmacy.
MySunLife.ca and the my Sun Life mobile app give you the online tools you need to manage your plan. Here’s how to register for access:
- Go to mySunLife.ca and select Register.
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address. Create your password.
- Next, choose a verification question and the answer so we can check your identity if you forget your password. Choose a question and answer that you’ll remember.
- Enter your date of birth and postal code. Click Next.
- Sun Life will email you a temporary registration code.
- When you get the code, enter it to finish your registration. The code is good for 48 hours.
- If Sun Life doesn’t have your email address on file, a representative will mail you a temporary code so you can finish registering. Once you get it, go to mySunLife.ca, sign in using the email address and password you selected originally, and finish your registration.
Please contact the Sun Life Client Care Centre at 1-800-361-6212.
Yes, you have travel insurance. You can find the following Sun Life numbers on the travel card included in your information package:
- For North America: 1-800-511-4610
- For elsewhere in the world: 1-519-514-0351