Department of Design and Computation Arts
For the complete list of faculty members, please consult the Department website.
The Department offers programs that examine the broad vision or culture of design within contemporary society.
The Design Major is located primarily within the disciplines of image, object‑making, and screen‑based media in design practice with an emphasis on the study of material culture. Digital technologies are integrated into the creative process to serve as strategies and tools for enhanced communication, application, representation, and dissemination.
The Computation Arts programs are concentrated within the digital and virtual environments where computer technology is embedded in all stages of the creative process and production. The Internet as a system for communication in information and networked societies serves as the intersection that strongly links the disciplines of Design and Computation Arts. Students are encouraged to take courses across Design and Computation Arts.
- Section 81.90 Department of Design and Computation Arts
- Department of Design and Computation Arts
- BFA Major in Design
- Microprogram in Web Design and User Interface
- Admission to the Major in Design and Microprogram in Web Design and User Interface
- Design C.Edge (Career Edge) Option
- Computation Arts Program Objectives
- BFA Specialization in Computation Arts
- Minor in Computation Arts
- BFA Joint Major in Computation Arts and Computer Science
- Minor in Game Design
- Admission to the Specialization and Minor in Computation Arts, the Joint Major in Computation Arts and Computer Science, and the Minor in Game Design
- Computation Arts C.Edge (Career Edge) Option
- Computation Arts Courses
- Design Courses