Digital Innovation in Journalism Studies MA
- Undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.00 on a 4.30 scale.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Applicants should understand that admission to the program is contingent on a sound undergraduate academic record, strong letters of reference, and a convincing statement of purpose which clearly describes their academic interest in the program and intended area of research. Applicants who do not meet the standards for admission may be required to complete a qualifying program of up to 12 undergraduate credits in addition to the regular graduate program. For the qualifying program a minimum grade point average of 3.00 (B average) is required.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits.
Please see the Journalism Courses page for course descriptions.
Digital Innovation in Journalism Studies MA (45 credits)
credits of Required Courses:
credits of Elective Courses:
With the permission of the department, up to six elective credits may be taken in 600-level courses offered by other departments.
credits chosen from: Digital Innovation in Journalism Studies MA Option A
Digital Innovation in Journalism Studies MA Option A
Digital Innovation in Journalism Studies MA Option B
Digital Innovation in Journalism Studies MA Option C
|12||credits of additional course credits in consultation with the student’s faculty advisor and approved by the Department’s MA program director|
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Residence. The minimum residence requirement is one year (3 terms) of full-time study, or the equivalent in part-time study
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.70.