Department of Applied Human Sciences
For the complete list of faculty members, please consult the Department website.
The strategic objective of the Department of Applied Human Sciences is to improve quality of life and well‑being. This is accomplished through the integration of theory and practice to promote effective practitioner skill. The Department of Applied Human Sciences is an interdisciplinary and applied academic unit which generates knowledge and provides practice‑based education in human relations, recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, human systems intervention, family life education and community service. Involvement in practical contexts beyond the University provides an important link with members of the community, thereby offering a genuine environment for the exchange of knowledge and expertise.
- Section 31.010 Department of Applied Human Sciences
- Department of Applied Human Sciences
- Certificate in Community Service
- Certificate in Family Life Education
- BA Specialization in Human Relations
- BA Major in Human Relations
- Minor in Human Relations
- BA Specialization in Recreation and Leisure Studies
- BA Major in Recreation and Leisure Studies
- BA Specialization in Therapeutic Recreation
- Applied Human Sciences Courses