Chartered Professional Accountancy Graduate Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree. Students holding an undergraduate degree with a major in Accountancy, with high academic standing (minimum GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.30, or the equivalent, and demonstrated overall proficiency in specific courses) will normally have satisfied the prerequisite requirements.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admissions Requirement
Please refer to the Graduate Diploma in Chartered Professional Accountancy Admissions page to review specific entry requirements and the list of prerequisite courses. Applicants lacking the appropriate undergraduate work are required to successfully complete certain qualifying courses, as assigned by the program director.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 30 credits.
Please see the Chartered Professional Accountancy Diploma Courses page for course descriptions.
Graduate Diploma in Chartered Professional Accountancy (30 credits)
Core I Module
Core II Module
Capstone I Module
Capstone II Module
credits of Elective Courses, chosen from two of the following four courses, depending on students' interests and career aspirations:
Note: In addition to the required diploma courses in the program, students may register for one or more tutorial courses, with the permission of the program director.
Additional Degree Requirements
Program Course Sequence. Students generally complete Core I Module courses (ACCO 650, ACCO 651) prior to taking Core II Module courses (ACCO 652, ACCO 653). Core I Module courses must be completed prior to taking Core II Module courses. These four courses are usually followed by two elective courses from a choice of four (ACCO 654, ACCO 655, ACCO 656, ACCO 657).
Students who wish to pursue their career in Public Accountancy must take ACCO 654 and ACCO 655. Upon completion of the six courses, all candidates are required to complete the two Capstone courses ACCO 658 and ACCO 659.
MBA Option. Students in good academic standing who meet the admission requirements of the MBA program, and who have completed the requirements for the Diploma in Chartered Professional Accountancy program, may be granted advanced standing upon admission to the MBA program. Please refer to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) section for more details.
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.70.