Visual Journalism Graduate Diploma
- Undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.00 on a 4.30 scale.
- Some experience in journalism, photojournalism or a media-related field is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Applicants should understand that admission is contingent upon a sound undergraduate academic record, strong letters of recommendation, and a convincing letter of intent, which clearly describes their interest in the program. Students should be aware that course instruction and assignments are in English, and although it does not determine acceptance, applicants are advised that a working knowledge of French is important.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 33 credits.
Please see the Journalism Courses page for course descriptions.
Visual Journalism Graduate Diploma (33 credits)
credits of Summer Term courses:
credits of Fall Term courses:
credits of Winter Term courses:
credits chosen from the following courses:
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. To graduate, students must have completed all course requirements with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.70.