Geography, Urban and Environmental Studies MSc
- A minimum GPA of 3.30 in a BA or BSc in Geography, Planning, or Environmental Science, or an equivalent degree in a related field of study from a recognized university.
- Admission is contingent on the availability of an appropriate faculty member in the Department to serve as supervisor.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Applicants are selected on the basis of a sound undergraduate academic record, strong letters of recommendation, and a convincing statement of purpose which clearly describes their academic interest in the program and intended area of research. In addition, admission is contingent on the availability of an appropriate faculty member in the Department to serve as supervisor. Some applicants with deficiencies in their undergraduate preparation may be required to take a qualifying program. Others may be required to complete certain prerequisite courses in addition to the regular graduate program. Some applicants with deficiencies in their undergraduate preparation may be required to take a qualifying program. Others may be required to complete certain prerequisite courses in addition to the regular graduate program.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits.
For course descriptions, please see the Geography, Planning and Environment Courses page for course descriptions.
Geography, Urban and Environmental Studies MSC (45 credits)
credits of Required Courses
credits chosen from:
credits of Elective Courses chosen from:
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Residence. The minimum residence requirement is one year (three semesters) of full-time graduate study, or the equivalent in part-time study.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.70.