Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Affiliate Associate Professor
Affiliate Assistant Professors
For the complete list of faculty members, please consult the Department website.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics provides the general mathematical culture necessary for training those who will either be using the tools of mathematics or statistics in their work or who will become future mathematicians or statisticians. For students who are contemplating graduate work in mathematics or statistics, the Department has leading researchers in the fields of actuarial mathematics, applied probability, computational algebra, differential geometry, dynamical systems, mathematical physics, mathematics education, number theory and statistics.
In addition to its co-op program, alternating work and academic terms, the Department offers a program in Actuarial Mathematics and prepares students for the associateship examinations of the Society of Actuaries and the Casualty Actuarial Society. The Department also provides instruction at the remedial and introductory levels to enable students who have been out of school for some time to re-enter the academic stream; and offers special courses for teachers of mathematics who wish to keep abreast of recent ideas and applications.
- Section 31.200 Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Mathematics and Statistics Program Notes
- BA/BSc Honours in Actuarial Mathematics
- BA/BSc Specialization in Actuarial Mathematics
- BA/BSc Specialization in Actuarial Mathematics/Finance
- BA/BSc Joint Major in Data Science
- BA/BSc Specialization in Mathematical and Computational Finance
- BA/BSc Major in Mathematics and Statistics
- Minor in Mathematics and Statistics
- BA/BSc Honours in Pure and Applied Mathematics
- BA/BSc Specialization in Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Minor in Quantitative Finance and Insurance
- BA/BSc Honours in Statistics
- BA/BSc Specialization in Statistics
- Mathematics and Statistics Co-operative Program
- Mathematics and Statistics Courses