Quantitative Business Studies (Grad. Cert.)
Graduate Certificate (Grad. Cert.)Offered by:
John Molson School of Business
he Graduate Certificate in Quantitative Business Studies provides students with the essentials of business data analysis, managerial and financial accounting, the fundamental concepts of finance, and the principles of economics with an emphasis on the role of the decision maker who has to identify and implement profitable decisions. By graduation, certificate (GCQBS) students will have acquired the skills and knowledge to help them become more efficient and effective managers and administrators. They will be able to:
- Use appropriate statistical techniques to support decision making in various business functions
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basics of financial and managerial accounting
- Read a company’s financial statements and evaluate its financial situation
- Calculate and evaluate the cost of capital for a project
- Explain the risk and return trade-off in making financial decisions
- Apply economic reasoning to business problems to arrive at a profitable decision.
Please note the Graduate Certificate in Quantitative Business Studies (GCQBS) option is not open to international students.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.70 on a scale of 4.30, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the Graduate Admission page for further information on the Language Proficiency requirements and exemptions.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 15 credits.
12 credits – Required Courses
GDBA 530 - Business Data Analytics (3 credits)
GDBA 532 - Accounting (3 credits)
GDBA 535 - Finance (3 credits)
GDBA 537 - Managerial Economics (3 credits)
3 credits – Elective
To be chosen from the list of GDBA electives or another course in the GDBA program with permission of the Program Director.
GDBA 530 and 532 must be taken previously or concurrently to GDBA 535.
GDBA 530 must be taken previously or concurrently to GDBA 537.
|Quantitative Business Studies (GCQBS)||Certificate||June 1
(Cdn. res. only)
(Cdn. res. only)
Not open to international students.