Quantitative Business Studies (Grad. Cert.)
Graduate Certificate (Grad. Cert.)Offered by:
John Molson School of Business
Why pursue a Graduate Certificate in Quantitative Business Studies?
The Graduate Certificate in Quantitative Business Studies provides students with the essentials of business data analysis, managerial and financial accounting, the fundamental concepts of finance, and the principles of economics with an emphasis on the role of the decision maker who has to identify and implement profitable decisions.
Upon graduation, students will have acquired essential business knowledge and developed competencies in the quantitative aspects of business administration. Graduate Certificate in Quantitative Business Studies students are required to complete 5 courses (four core courses and one elective). Please note the Graduate Certificate in Quantitative Business Studies (GCQBS) option is not open to international students.
By graduation, certificate (GCQBS) students will have acquired the skills and knowledge to help them become more efficient and effective managers and administrators. They will be able to:
- Use appropriate statistical techniques to support decision making in various business functions
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basics of financial and managerial accounting
- Read a company’s financial statements and evaluate its financial situation
- Calculate and evaluate the cost of capital for a project
- Explain the risk and return trade-off in making financial decisions
- Apply economic reasoning to business problems to arrive at a profitable decision.
Applicants must possess a Bachelor's degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.70 on a scale of 4.30, or equivalent. Applicants are also required to submit a Statement of Purpose and two letters of recommendation.
Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the Graduate Admission page for further information on the Language Proficiency requirements and exemptions.
- Credits. The program consists of five courses (total 15 credits).
- Courses. All students are required to complete five courses (15 credits).
|Quantitative Business Studies (GCQBS)||Certificate||June 1
(Cdn. res. only)
(Cdn. res. only)
Not open to international students.
Courses for the certificate will consist of a 12-credit common core and a 3-credit elective.
Required Courses (12 credits):
- GDBA 530 Business Data Analytics
- GDBA 532 Accounting
- GDBA 535 Finance
- GDBA 537 Managerial Economics
One elective (3 credits):
To be chosen from the list of GDBA electives or another course in the GDBA program with permission of the Program Director.
- GDBA 530 and GDBA 532 must be taken previously or concurrently to GDBA 535.
- GDBA 530 must be taken previously or concurrently to GDBA 537