Political Science MA
- Undergraduate honours degree or the equivalent is required with a minimum GPA of 3.30.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Students who do not have the necessary background in political science, as well as in the concentration which they have chosen, may be required to take specific undergraduate courses in addition to the regular program. In certain cases, applicants may be required to complete a qualifying program in order to be eligible for admission to the graduate program.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits.
Please see the Political Science Courses page for course descriptions.
Political Science MA (45 credits)
credits of Core Courses in Area of Concentration:
credits of Concentration Courses in Subfield, with courses chosen from the subfield in which the student intends to write a thesis: Public Policy and Administration, Canadian and Quebec Politics, International Politics, Comparative Politics, and Political Theory
|6||credits of Approved Elective Courses chosen from any of the 600-level courses in political science, or from cognate courses offered in related disciplines. For cognate courses, approval of the Director is required. In some cases approval for registration in cognate courses must be obtained from the department involved|
Additional Degree Requirements
Approved Elective and Cognate Courses. Two 3-credit courses chosen from any of the 600-level courses in political science, or from cognate courses offered in related disciplines. For cognate courses, approval of the Director is required. In some cases approval for registration in cognate courses must be obtained from the department involved (6 credits).
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
Program Specific Requirements. Students must obtain a assessment grade point average (AGPA) of 2.70 based on a minimum of 12 credits.
- Residence. The minimum residence requirement is one year (3 terms) of full-time study, or the equivalent in part-time study.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.70.