Educational Studies MA
- Undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.00 (B average) with an appropriate concentration in a field of study relevant to Educational Studies.
- Minimum of two years professional activity in education or an undergraduate record which includes at least three courses in education, each with a grade of B or better.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Qualified applicants who fail to meet the criteria outlined may be required to take up to 12 undergraduate credits in addition to the regular graduate program, or, as appropriate, a Qualifying Program.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits.
Please see the Education Courses page for course descriptions.
Educational Studies MA (45 credits)
Educational Studies MA with Thesis
credits minimum of Core Courses:
|18||credits of Elective Courses|
Educational Studies MA with Directed Study
credits minimum of Core Courses chosen in consultation with an academic advisor:
|21||credits of Elective Courses|
Concentration in Adult Education
Adult Education Courses
credits chosen from:
Additional Degree Requirements
Courses. The degree requirements (45 credits) can be met by the successful completion either of course work and a thesis in an approved area, or of more extended course work and ESTU 692 Directed Study (with Extended Essay or Research Project). The choice of a thesis or directed study option is normally determined at an early stage in the student's program. A tentative detailed outline of the proposed research topic must be submitted with the application for admission to the program. A student who completes a thesis or a directed study is normally required to defend it in an oral examination. Proposed research topics in both options must be approved by the graduate Educational Studies Committee.
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Residence. The minimum residence requirement is one year (3 terms) of full-time study, or the equivalent in part-time study.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.70.