Creative Arts Therapies (Music Therapy) MA
- Bachelor's degree in Music Therapy with a 1,000-hour internship (or equivalent); OR a Graduate Certificate or Diploma in Music Therapy (or equivalent).
- No less than a B average (3.00 on a 4.30 scale), or equivalent.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Applicants are selected on the basis of a past academic record of no less than a B average (3.00 on a 4.30 scale), or equivalent, a 500-word letter of intent, a curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits.
Please see the Creative Arts Therapies Courses page for course descriptions.
Creative Arts Therapies (Music Therapy) MA Research with Thesis Option (45 credits)
credits of Core Courses
credits chosen from one of the following:
MA Research with Thesis Option: Creative Arts Therapies (Music Therapy) (27 credits)
credits Advanced Music Therapy Practicum:
Advanced Music Therapy Practice Option: Creative Arts Therapies (Music Therapy) MA (27 credits)
credits Advanced Music Therapy Practice:
|9||credits of Elective Courses chosen in consultation with the program coordinator.|
Additional Degree Requirements
French Language Requirements. While there are no formal French proficiency requirements, students intending to work in Québec are strongly encouraged to develop a working knowledge of French.
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Residence. The minimum required residency is three consecutive terms full-time study or the equivalent in part-time study.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits. It is expected that students will normally complete the proposed program within 3 terms (1 year) of full-time study from the time of initial registration in the program.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.70.