Art History MA
- BFA or a BA with a major in Art History or approved equivalent with at least a B+ average in the major area.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Applicants with deficiencies in their undergraduate preparation may be required to take a qualifying program prior to formal entry into the program. Qualified applicants lacking prerequisite courses may be required to take up to 12 undergraduate credits in addition to and as part of the regular graduate program.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits.
Please see the Art History Courses page for course descriptions.
Art History MA (45 credits)
credits of Required Courses:
credits of seminars selected in consultation with the graduate program director or the student’s supervisor. Exceptionally, and with the approval of the Graduate Program Director, students may register for one of the following options:
1) a graduate seminar (3 credits) in another discipline or at another Quebec university,
2) an internship or
3) an independent study.
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Residency. The minimum residency requirement is three terms of full-time study, or the equivalent in part-time study.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits. Students are encouraged to complete the degree within 6 terms (2 years).
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.70.