- Honours degree, or its equivalent in Physics.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Qualified applicants lacking prerequisite courses are required to take undergraduate courses (up to 12 credits) in addition to the regular graduate program. Applicants with deficiencies in their undergraduate preparation may be required to take a one-year qualifying program before admission to the MSc program.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits.
Please see the Physics Courses page for course descriptions.
Physics MSc (45 credits)
Physics MSc Courses
• PHYS 601 Advanced Quantum Mechanics I (3.00)
• PHYS 602 Advanced Quantum Mechanics II (3.00)
• PHYS 603 High Energy Physics (3.00)
• PHYS 609 Selected Topics in Quantum or High Energy Physics (3.00)
• PHYS 636 Condensed Matter Physics I (3.00)
• PHYS 637 Condensed Matter Physics II (3.00)
• PHYS 639 Selected Topics in Condensed Matter Physics (3.00)
• PHYS 642 Statistical Physics (3.00)
• PHYS 644 Advanced Classical Mechanics and Relativity (3.00)
• PHYS 646 Electrodynamics (3.00)
• PHYS 648 Non Linear Waves (3.00)
• PHYS 649 Selected Topics in Theoretical Physics (3.00)
• PHYS 660 Chemical Aspects of Biophysics (3.00)
• PHYS 663 Quantitative Human Systems Physiology (3.00)
• PHYS 665 Principles of Medical Imaging (3.00)
• PHYS 679 Selected Topics in Applied Physics (3.00)
Students may, with permission of their supervisor, substitute up to two courses from the following list:
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Residence. The minimum residence requirement is one year (3 terms) of full-time study, or the equivalent in part-time study.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.70.