Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Distinguished Professors Emeriti
For the complete list of faculty members, please consult the Department website.
Chemistry is the science that examines the structure of substances and the reactions to produce novel and useful products. Biochemistry is that part of chemistry which deals with chemical changes occurring in biologically relevant systems; i.e. changes taking place in living cells that are responsible for life processes.
The mission of the Department is fourfold: (i) excellence in teaching and research in the fields of chemistry and biochemistry; (ii) develop and maintain strong undergraduate and graduate teaching programs; (iii) develop and maintain state-of-the-art quality research; and (iv) meet the high standards of the scientific and industrial communities. The Department’s programs have strengths in both the applied and theoretical fields.
- Section 31.050 Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Chemistry and Biochemistry Program Notes
- BSc Honours in Biochemistry
- BSc Specialization in Biochemistry
- BSc Major in Biochemistry
- Core Component for Biochemistry
- BSc Honours in Chemistry
- BSc Specialization in Chemistry
- BSc Major in Chemistry
- Minor in Chemistry
- Core Component for Chemistry
- BSc Honours in Environmental and Sustainability Science
- BSc Specialization in Environmental and Sustainability Science
- Environmental and Sustainability Course Lists
- Chemistry and Biochemistry Co-operative Program
- Chemistry and Biochemistry Courses