- Bachelor's degree with high academic standing serves as a prerequisite for the program. To be eligible for admission, applicants must have maintained at least a B average in their final two years and have obtained a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.00 on a 4.30 scale, or the equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Applicants with insufficient prior training in their expected area of specialization may be required to take prerequisite courses in addition to the required coursework in the graduate program. The specific courses to be taken are determined by the Graduate Program Director depending upon the student's background and area of specialization.
- Applicants must submit proof of satisfactory performance on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) completed within the previous five years, three letters of recommendation with the Academic Assessment forms, and a short statement of purpose. (Please note that the GMAT is preferred to the GRE).
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
The program is open to both full-time and part-time students.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits
In the first year of the program, candidates are strongly encouraged to complete a minimum of 24 credits and MSCA 655.
Please see the Finance, Management, Marketing, and Administration MSc (MSCA) Courses section for course descriptions.
Management MSc (45 credits)
credits of Core Courses:
credits of Elective Management MSc Seminars
Upon approval of the Graduate Program Director and the instructor, up to six credits of electives may include the following:
Cognate graduate seminars offered by other departments within the university.
Elective Management MSc Seminars
Each year a selection of specialized seminars will be offered on a rotating basis from those listed below:
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Residence. The minimum residence requirement for this master’s degree is three terms of full-time study, or the equivalent in part-time study.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.70.