Investment Management (DIM) Diploma
Note: Admissions have been suspended.
- Bachelor’s degree, with high academic standing, or qualifications accepted as equivalent by the School of Graduate Studies and acceptance into the CFA® program are necessary for admission.
- Applicants are evaluated according to the following criteria: undergraduate performance, Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores, work experience, detailed evaluations from employers and former university instructors, and statements of self-assessment. Students without formal undergraduate training in quantitative methods, accounting, economics, and finance will be required to demonstrate adequate preparation.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admissions Requirement
GMAT requirements for GIIM applicants who have already passed CFA Level I examinations will be waived.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 33 credits and must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.70.
Please see the Investment Management Courses (Graduate Diploma, MBA and MIM) page for course descriptions.
Investment Management (DIM) Diploma (33 credits)
credits of Required Courses:
Additional Degree Requirements
Course Load. Normally students must register for a total of 33 credits over 2 years, and must achieve success in these courses in order to remain a student in good standing in the program.
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Residence. The minimum residence requirement for the master’s degree is 3 terms (one year) of full-time study.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. DIM students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.70 and are not required to complete the CFA® examinations.