Environmental Engineering MEng
The requirements described here are in addition to the general degree requirements for the Master/Magisteriate in Engineering (MEng) Master’s programs in the Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits.
Please see the Engineering Courses page for course descriptions.
Environmental Engineering MEng (45 credits)
credits of Core Courses:
credits minimum chosen from the groups listed below, to facilitate the selection of courses in a particular area of interest:
|12||credits maximum chosen from the Engineering Courses section. No more than one course (4 credits) can be taken from Topic E09 - Professional Leadership Skills. Graduate courses outside engineering require GPD approval prior to registration.|
The 28 credits minimum are to be selected from the following courses.
• CIVI 6301 Hydrology (4.00)
• CIVI 6331 Hydraulic Engineering (4.00)
• CIVI 6381 Hydraulic Structures (4.00)
• CIVI 7311 Advanced Analysis of Groundwater Flow and Contamination (4.00)
Industrial Waste Management (Environmental Engineering MEng)
• CIVI 6481 Sustainable Management of Industrial Waste (4.00)
• CIVI 6491 Engineering Aspects of Site Remediation (4.00)
• CIVI 6631 Hazardous Material Management and Transportation (4.00)
• CIVI 6671 Fate and Transport of Contaminants in the Environment (4.00)
• CIVI 6661 Environmental Impact Assessment (4.00)
Environmental Engineering (Environmental Engineering MEng)
• CIVI 6601 Modelling in Building and Environmental Engineering (4.00)
• CIVI 6621 Engineering Aspects of Biological Treatment of Water and Air (4.00)
• CIVI 6641 Unit Operations in Environmental Engineering (4.00)
• CIVI 6651 Water Pollution and Control (4.00)
• CIVI 6666 Climate Change in Engineering Practice (4.00)
• CIVI 6681 Environmental Nanotechnology (4.00)
• CIVI 6691 Greenhouse Gases and Control (4.00)