Computer Science Graduate Diploma
The Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering offers a Diploma program for qualified university graduates from diverse backgrounds who wish to obtain expertise in computer science fundamentals. Graduates of the Diploma program will obtain qualifications similar to those of graduates of the Bachelor of/Baccalaureate in Computer Science program. Upon completion of the Diploma, those with superior academic records who wish to pursue their studies may apply for admission to a 45 credit Master’s program in Computer Science.
- Bachelor’s degree with above-average standing.
- Completion of COMP 248 Object-Oriented Programming I or equivalent courses in an object-oriented language such as C++ or Java prior to entry into the Diploma program. Equivalence will be determined by the Diploma Program Director.
Additional Admission Requirements
Applicants deficient in mathematics or English are required to make up their deficiencies before they can be considered for admission. The Gina Cody School reserves the right to set a quota on the number of admissions to the program.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 31 credits.
Please see the Computer Science and Software Engineering Courses page for course descriptions.
Computer Science Graduate Diploma (31 credits)
credits of Required Courses
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
Program Specific Regulations. An Assessment Grade Point Average (AGPA) of at least 2.70 based on a minimum of 8 credits is required.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation. To be eligible to graduate, students must have completed course requirements with a CGPA of at least 2.70.