Youth Work Graduate Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- Prerequisites at the undergraduate level include at least three credits in adolescent development and three credits in social science research methods.
- Evidence of some volunteer or work experience with children or youth is required.
- Candidates must be aware that a Police Check is required prior to an internship placement.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Additional requirements include two letters of recommendation, and both a letter of intent and interview.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 33 credits.
Please see the Applied Human Sciences Courses page for course descriptions.
Youth Work Graduate Diploma (33 credits)
credits of Required Courses:
|9||credits chosen from Youth Work Graduate Diploma Electives or Youth Work Graduate Diploma Required Fieldwork courses.|
Youth Work Graduate Diploma Electives (12 credits)
In cases where cross-listed courses at the undergraduate level have already been completed, the candidate is required to select electives from the courses listed below to fulfill the 33-credit requirement. All substitutions must be made in consultation with the program advisor.
Youth Work Graduate Diploma Required Fieldwork
credits chosen from one of the following:
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.70.