Teaching of Higher and Continuing Education (C-TEACH) Graduate Certificate
- Current status as a graduate degree student or earned master’s degree.
- Minimum CGPA of 3.00 on scale of 4.30 (or equivalent in last completed degree).
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to work as an instructor. Language proficiency requirements are: IELTS: a minimum overall score of 6.5 with at least a 7.0 each on the component scores for speaking and listening; and TOEFL: minimum overall score of 92 with 25 each on the component scores for speaking and listening. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 15 credits. Students earn the certificate by completing the two micro-programs:
- Micro-program in the Foundations of Teaching in Higher and Continuing Education (9 credits)
- Micro-program in the Practice of Teaching in Higher and Continuing Education
Please see the Certificate in the Teaching of Higher and Continuing Education (C-TEACH) Courses page for course descriptions.
Teaching of Higher and Continuing Education Graduate Certificate (15 credits)
Micro-Program in the Foundations of Teaching in Higher and Continuing Education (9 credits)
Micro-Program in the Practice of Teaching in Higher and Continuing Education (6 credits)
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
Program Specific Requirements. Candidates must complete 15 credits, with a 3.00 assessment grade point average (AGPA) based on a minimum of six credits.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding theTime Limits. The expected completion is three terms.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.70.