Environmental Assessment MEnv
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline in Arts or Science from a recognized university with a minimum GPA of 3.30 out of 4.30.
- Strong language skills in English and/or French.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Applicants are selected on the basis of a sound undergraduate academic record and strong language skills in English and/or French that allow them to secure an internship, which is a program requirement. Students who lack appropriate preparation in Social Sciences, Geographic Information Systems, Physical Geography or Statistics are required to take preparatory courses such as GEOG 355 Resource Analysis and Management, a 300-level physical geography course; GEOG 362 Statistical Methods; or GEOG 363 Geographic Information Systems.
Students admitted to the Diploma in Environmental Assessment (DEA) may subsequently apply, in a future admission cycle, to the Master of Environment (MEnv), if they have maintained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.30. A new application is required, with three letters of reference from current or recent professors. Courses taken in the Diploma with a grade of B+ or better may be transferred to the MEnv degree after admission. The
Graduate Committee assesses the new applications with the other applications for the cycle.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits.
Please see the Geography, Planning and Environment Courses page for course descriptions.
Environmental Assessment MEnv (45 credits)
credits of Compulsory Courses:
credits of Elective Courses:
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Residence. The minimum period of residence is two terms of full-time study or the equivalent in part-time study.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.70.