Executive MBA (EMBA)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional, managerial or entrepreneurial work experience;
- Support commitment by employer;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualifications. Applications from candidates with extensive work experience without a bachelor/baccalaureate degree may be considered;
- Satisfactory result on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). However, this requirement may be waived for candidates with strong academic credentials;
- Minimum of two letters of reference from work-related or academic sources;
- Statement of purpose;
- Successful interview with the Admission Committee.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Intensive workshops in Mathematics and Accountancy are offered prior to the start of the program to registered students who would need to refresh their competence.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 46 credits.
Please see the Executive MBA Courses for course descriptions.
Executive MBA (EMBA) (46 credits)
credits of Core Courses:
credits of Integrative Courses:
Additional Degree Requirements
Executive Coaching. The Executive Coaching module is structured to focus on a student’s need for leadership and professional development.
The Healthy Executive. The Healthy Executive module is an integrated set of lectures and activities in health, nutrition, and exercise aimed at enabling students to better manage the executive lifestyle.
JMSB Executives Connect Series. The JMSB Executives Connect Series aims to expose students to leaders and experts who are shaping the business world today.
Mandatory Statistics Module. Candidates must demonstrate competency in statistics by successfully completing the mandatory online Statistics Module and test before the end of the first term. The module and the test cover basic business statistics concepts such as descriptive and inferential statistics, sampling, and variable categorization. In the event that students do not successfully complete the test in the first term, they will be provided with tutoring by the EMBA program and be permitted to take the test again.
- Transfer Credits. Because of the integral structure of the EMBA Program, neither transfer credits nor course exemptions will be granted.
- Attendance. Students are expected to attend all classes. An occasional absence will be permitted, but beyond that a student will be warned and then placed on probationary standing.
- Co-curricular Modules. Students are expected to participate in a series of three co-curriculur modules throughout the course of the program; these are Executive Coaching, The Healthy Executive, and the JMSB Executives Connect Series.
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. In order to graduate, students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.70.