Advanced Music Performance Studies Graduate Diploma
Note: Admissions have been suspended.
- Highly developed skills in performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in performance or an equivalent professional certificate.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the English language proficiency page for further information on requirements and exemptions.
Additional Admission Requirements
Under exceptional circumstances, candidates may be accepted on the basis of audition alone, or by examination and/or proof of professional study in a recognized program. Students requiring background in certain areas essential to their proposed program of study may be asked to take qualifying courses. An audition should consist of a representative program of minimum 20 minutes duration. Non-resident candidates should prepare an unedited videotape, but may be asked to audition on arrival.
Fully-qualified candidates are required to complete a minimum of 30 credits.
Please see the Music Courses page for course descriptions.
Advanced Music Performance Studies Graduate Diploma (30 credits)
credits of Recital Performances
|The recital programs will be chosen in consultation with the candidate’s program advisor and approved by the Graduate Studies committee. The program advisor will supervise the preparation of the recitals. Final evaluations will be made by a jury chosen by the Graduate Studies committee.|
credits of private instrumental or vocal instruction, with a minimum average grade of B:
credits of Seminar/Workshop courses chosen from:
|In addition, the candidate is expected to participate in orchestral or ensemble performance. Exceptions may be granted by the Graduate Program Director.|
Each candidate’s program of study will be chosen in consultation with the Graduate Program Director.
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
- Residence. A candidate enrolled on a full-time basis will normally complete the program in two years. Exceptions may be granted by the Graduate Program Director.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulations page for further details regarding the Time Limits.
- Graduation Requirement. To graduate, students must have completed all course requirements with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.70.