Concordia-Mitacs Outbound and Inbound Globalink Research Award (GRA) - Call for proposal
The Mitacs Globalink Research Award (GRA) program offers Concordia faculty members an opportunity to advance their international research by collaborating with partners in Mitacs eligible countries.
This GRA program will allow Concordia faculty members to co-supervise inbound and/or outbound senior undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral fellows participating in a short (12 to 24 weeks) research project with partners in Mitacs eligible countries.
Call for proposals open from September 26 - November 21, 2022.
Am I an Eligible Supervisor?
Supervising professors' eligibility
- Must hold a faculty position at Concordia;
- Must be eligible to supervise graduate students;
- Must be eligible to hold Tri-Agency funding.
Must be ready to assume the following responsibilities
- In collaboration with a faculty member from an international institution in at a Mitacs eligible country and the student or postdoctoral fellow, develop a research proposal and complete a Mitacs GRA application. Applications are submitted through the Concordia International Portal (N.B. applications will be submitted to ConRad on behalf of applicants by Concordia International).
- Request the academic visitor status for inbound interns (international students and/or postdoctoral fellows). Please see: How to come to Concordia as an academic visitor and Inviting a Mitacs Academic Visitor;
- Collaborate with the Concordia Immigration Specialist to obtain the appropriate work permit for the inbound intern.
- Provide ongoing direction and research support to interns prior to and during their research projects.
- Co-supervise the Mitacs GRA intern all during his/her internship;
- Assume fiduciary responsibility of, and administrate the Mitacs grant with support from Concordia International.
- Complete a Mitacs exit survey.
I am eligible, what is next?
Please read carefully the call for proposals for inbound or outbound Mitacs Globalink Research Award candidates provided in the links below, including the application process and key dates. It is recommended to contact a Mitacs Business Development Specialist before submitting your application for their review, feedback, and recommendations.