This program will give you the opportunity to conduct short co-supervised research projects with academic institutions in Mitacs eligible countries and gain valuable international research experience while you expand your networks.
Under the joint supervision of a home and host professor, successful senior undergraduate students, graduate students, as well as postdoctoral fellows will receive a $6,000 research award to conduct a 12- to 24-week research project in Mitacs’ eligible countries. We invite you to apply!
Call for proposals open from September 13 - November 10, 2023
Please read carefully the details of the Mitacs Globalink Research Award (GRA) program and application process.
To participate in this competition, Concordia candidates need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
We recommend reading the Mitcas GRA Program Guide to make sure all the information and support material is included in your application.
Complete your application on the Mitacs Globalink Research Award Application Portal.
If your application is successful, following the receipt of your outcome letter from Mitacs.
1. Participate in a pre-departure session provided by Concordia International and get the appropriate signature for your Mitacs Pre-departure form. For more information please visit: Completing a Mitacs Pre-departure form;
2. You will have to send your Pre-departure and Code of Conduct and Ethics forms to Mitacs -directly;
3. Obtain appropriate travel documents (i.e. passport, visa, work permit);
4. Obtain appropriate travel/health insurance
5. Make sure you provide your Canadian bank account to Concordia International through the online Concordia International mobility portal.
6. Arrange for housing
7. Make sure that you review and follow the directives provided by applicable institutional, municipal, provincial/territorial, and federal bodies in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.
8. Interns will receive their award once they arrive at their host country and they have provided a Canadian bank account to Concordia International. You will need to be prepared to make arrangements to travel to your host country.
**It is important to inform Mitacs and Concordia International of any changes affecting your research project, including change of dates, major changes to the project, eligibility of both supervisor and/or intern, etc.
Individual GRA application submission
Apply on the Mitacs Online application portal.
Interested interns submit the application through the Concordia International website.
*Interns are responsible to obtain their visa and/or other travel documents.
* Travel is not permitted prior to the approval of the award.
*Projects must begin no later than 12 months from the date the letter of award is received.
Once visa/work permit have been confirmed and all documents have been submitted to Mitacs
Once you have received the Academic Visitor status at Concordia
Within 12 months after receiving the Mitacs award letter
12 to 24 weeks
* 25% of your 12-24 week-long research project may be completed at your home institution upon Mitacs approval
After project completion
Mitacs eligible countries
Mitacs program guide
Coordinator, Mobility Programs, Concordia University
Mitacs Business Development Advisor
© Concordia University