Jun Yan, PhD
Associate Professor, Concordia Institute for Information Systems Engineering
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Rhode Island, USA (with Excellence in Doctoral Research)
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, University of Rhode Island, USA
- B.Eng., Information and Communication Engineering, Zhejiang University, China
- Cyber-physical systems and security
- Applied and adversarial computational intelligence
- Smart grids, smart transportations, smart cities
- Attack-resilient systems and control
As of July 2022, I have authored or co-authored 87peer-reviewed papers in cyber-physical security and computational intelligence, with applications for smart grids, smart cities, and other smart critical infrastructures. According to Google Scholar Metrics, three of our papers are among the top-50 cited papers published on the corresponding IEEE Transactions in the last 5 years.
Recognition & Awards
Most cited paper (as of Feb. 2022) of IET Cyber-Physical Systems: Theory & Applications.
- Top-50 cited papers published within the last 5 years on IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, and IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics.
Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC).
Best Student Paper Award, IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI).
Best Readings on "Communications & Information Systems Security - Cyber Attacks" of IEEE Communication Society (2013).
Front-cover paper on IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), vol. 8, no. 4, April 2013.
Excellence in Doctoral Research Award, University of Rhode Island, Ph.D. Class of 2018 (sole recipient).
Best Reviewers, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid (2016).
- INSE 6640 - Smart Grids and Control System Security
- INSE 6630 - Recent Developments in Information Systems Security
- COEN 231 - Introduction to Discrete Mathematics
Multiple Ph.D. and M.Sc. positions are now opened for Fall and Winter admission.
Highly-motivated students, who are interested in cutting-edge research in applied machine learning, smart grids and smart cities, cyber-physical systems and security, and resilient infrastructures, are encouraged to check my homepage and contact me by email regarding the openings and potential scholarship opportunities.