Department of Music
For the complete list of faculty members, please consult the Department website.
The Mission of the Department of Music is to develop musicians, to support musical activities through teaching, research and performances, and to foster the appreciation of the value of music and fine arts in society.
The Department is committed to the development of musicians through options and opportunities found within the multidisciplinary context of the Faculty of Fine Arts through generalized and specialized education.
Areas of study include theory, history, instrumental and vocal studies, including ensembles and private study, composition, jazz, electroacoustics/recording, and music technology.
Academic scholarship, research, and creativity enhance faculty members’ teaching which furthers the Department’s involvement in national and international artistic and scholarly communities.
- Section 81.100 Department of Music
- Department of Music
- Music Program Notes
- BFA Specialization in Electroacoustic Creative Practices
- BFA Specialization in Electroacoustic Recording Arts
- BFA Major in Electroacoustic Studies
- Minor in Electroacoustic Studies
- BFA Specialization in Jazz Studies
- BFA Major in Music
- Minor in Music
- BFA Specialization in Music Composition
- BFA Specialization in Music Performance
- Admission to Programs in Music
- Department of Music Courses