Political Science Program Notes
The Department of Political Science offers the following programs of study: an honours, a major, and a minor.
- Students seeking admission to the honours program may apply either for direct entry on the University application form or, once in the program, to the departmental honours advisor normally following the completion of 30 credits.
- Students must apply to the departmental honours advisor for formal admission to either option of the honours program. Applications are due by May 15 for September admission and by November 15 for January admission. The number of places available in the Honours in Political Science program is limited, and admission to the program is highly competitive. Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 to be eligible to apply. If admitted, they must maintain an assessment GPA of at least 3.5 to graduate with honours. In order to maintain honours status, students must obtain approval for their programs from the honours advisor each year, prior to registration.
- The program of courses leading to a Minor in Political Science consists of 24 credits in the Department. The minor is designed to provide an opportunity for students to make a combination with a specialization, a major, or honours in another discipline. A student’s minor will be arranged in consultation with the Department of Political Science so that it relates to courses in the major area of study.
- Section 31.240 Department of Political Science
- Department of Political Science
- Political Science Program Notes
- Minor in Human Rights Studies
- BA Honours in Political Science
- BA Honours (Thesis) in Political Science
- BA Major in Political Science
- Minor in Political Science
- Core Program: Political Science
- Political Science Course Groups
- Political Science Co‑operative Program
- Political Science Courses