Assistant Professor , Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, McMaster University, Canada
- M.Sc. Chemical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineering, University of Tehran, Iran
- Research Scientist, Natural Resources Canada (CanmetENERGY), Canada.
- Consulting Engineer, Advanced Potash Technology (APT), USA.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Ecole Polytechnique Montreal, Canada.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Toronto, Canada.
- Consulting Engineer, Arman Energy Maad, Iran.
- Process Engineer, Research Institute of Petroleum Industry (RIPI), Iran.
- Development of Sustainable Processes
- Process Modelling, Simulation, Techno-Economic Optimization, and Lifecycle Assessment
- Optimization of Petroleum and Petrochemical Systems
- Process Safety
- CO2 Capture, Sequestration and Utilization
- Waste Valorization
- Bioenergy and Biofuels
Applications are currently being accepted for MASc and Ph.D. positions in the fields of process simulation, numerical modelling, and lifecycle assessment.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, particularly Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, members of sexual minorities, those with disabilities, and anybody else who can contribute to diversity.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transform Calculus and Partial Differential Equations (ENGR 311), Fall 2023
- Chemical Process Engineering and Design (CHME 6051), Fall 2023
The main purpose of this course is to provide the necessary skills for the process design of chemical, oil & gas refining, and petrochemical systems. A broad range of topics such as Conceptual design and heat integration, Process simulation and optimization, Alternative energy resources and their environmental impacts, Process equipment sizing, and Process safety analysis are discussed.
- Sustainable Design of Industrial Processes (CHME 6911), Winter 2024
Students in this course become familiar with sustainable design principles for reducing overall energy consumption (particularly of non-renewable resources) and mitigating negative health and environmental impacts in a variety of industries. This course is divided into three major sections: 1) Analysis of sustainability and lifecycle assessment. 2) Integration and intensification of processes with a low environmental impact. 3) Optimization of Industrial Processes.
- F. Mufarrij, O. Ashrafi, P. Navarri, Y. Khojasteh. Development and lifecycle assessment of various low- and high-density polyethylene production processes based on CO2 capture and utilization. Journal of Cleaner Production. (2023). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2023.137624.
- Y. Khojasteh-Salkuyeh, O. Ashrafi, E. Mostafavi, P. Navarri. CO2 utilization for methanol production; Optimal pathways with minimum GHG reduction cost. The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering. (2023). https://doi.org/10.1002/cjce.24975
- K. Barati, Y. Khojasteh-Salkuyeh, O. Ashrafi, P. Navarri, Electrified combined reforming of methane process for more effective CO2 conversion to methanol: Process development and environmental impact assessment, Energy Conversion & Management. 287 (2023) 117096. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2023.117096.
- H. Ansarinasab, M. Fatimah, Y. Khojasteh-Salkuyeh, Conceptual design of two novel hydrogen liquefaction processes using a multistage active magnetic refrigeration system, Appl. Therm. Eng. 230 (2023) 120771. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2023.120771.
- H. Ansarinasab, M. Fatimah, Y. Khojasteh-Salkuyeh, Performance improvement of air liquefaction processes for liquid air energy storage (LAES) using magnetic refrigeration system, J. Energy Storage. 65 (2023) 107304. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2023.107304.
- Y. Khojasteh-Salkuyeh, O. Ashrafi, E. Mostafavi, P. Navarri, CO2 utilization for methanol production; Part I: Process design and life cycle GHG assessment of different pathways, Journal of CO2 Utilization, 50, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcou.2021.101608.
- K. Motazedi, Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, I.J. Laurenzi, H.L. MacLean, J.A. Bergerson, Economic and environmental competitiveness of high temperature electrolysis for hydrogen production, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 46, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2021.03.226.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, H. L. MacLean, and B. A. Saville, Techno-economic analysis and life cycle assessment of hydrogen production from different biomass gasification processes”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 43, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2018.04.024.
- J. Ranisau, M. Barbouti, A. Trainor, Nidhi Juthani, Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, Azadeh Maroufmashat, and M. Fowler, Power-to-Gas Implementation for a Polygeneration System in Southwestern Ontario”, Sustainability, 9, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/su9091610.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, H. L. MacLean, and B. A. Saville, Techno-economic analysis and life cycle assessment of hydrogen production from natural gas using current and emerging technologies, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 42, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2017.05.219.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, A. Elkamel, J. Thé, and M. Fowler, Development and techno-economic analysis of an integrated petroleum coke, biomass, and natural gas polygeneration process, Energy, 113, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2016.07.096.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, and T. A. Adams II, Integrated petroleum coke and natural gas polygeneration process with zero carbon emissions, Energy, 91, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2015.08.056.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, and T. A. Adams II, Co-production of olefins, fuels and electricity from shale gas with zero CO2 emission, Part I: Process Development and Technical Performance, Energies, 8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3390/en8053739.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, and T. A. Adams II, “Co-production of olefins, fuels and electricity from shale gas with zero CO2 emission, Part II: Economic Performance”, Energies, 8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3390/en8053739.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, and T. A. Adams II, “A novel polygeneration process to co-produce ethylene and electricity from shale gas with zero CO2 emissions via methane oxidative coupling”, Energy Conversion and Management, 92, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2014.12.081.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, and T. A. Adams II, A new power, methanol, and DME polygeneration process using integrated chemical looping systems, Energy Conversion and Management, 88, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2014.08.039.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, and T. A. Adams II, Shale gas for the petrochemical industry: Incorporation of novel technologies, Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, 34, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-444-63433-7.50085-7.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, and T. A. Adams II, “Combining coal gasification, natural gas reforming, and external carbonless heat for efficient production of gasoline and diesel with CO2 capture and sequestration”, Energy Conversion and Management, 74, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2013.07.023.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, and T.A. Adams II, “Combining coal, natural gas, and nuclear heat for liquid fuels production with reduced CO2 emissions”, Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, 30, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-444-59519-5.50050-2.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, and M. Mofarahi, Reduction of CO2 Capture Plant Energy Requirement by Selecting a Suitable Solvent and Analyzing the Operating Parameters, International Journal of Energy Research, 37, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1002/er.2899.
- Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, and M. Mofarahi, Comparison of MEA and DGA performance for CO2 capture under different operational conditions, International Journal of Energy Research, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1002/er.1812.
- M. Mofarahi, Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, H. Khaledi, and A. Farahnak, Design of CO2 absorption plant for recovery of CO2 from flue gases of gas turbine, Energy, 33, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2008.02.013.
- T. A. Adams II, Y. Khojasteh Salkuyeh, and Jake Nease, “Reactor and process design in sustainable energy technology: Processes and Simulations for Solvent-based CO2 Capture and Syngas Cleanup”, Elsevier, 2014.
© Concordia University