Selected recent publications
Postdoctoral Fellow (Ames Laboratory, USDOE and Iowa State University; 1999-2005)
Ph.D., University of Tartu, Estonia; 1999
Research Group Page
Total publication number: 53; h-index: 18 (as of September 2019)
Effects of Chlorophyll Triplet States on the Kinetics of Spectral Hole Growth. A. Trempe, A. Levenberg, A. D. Gonzalez Ortega, M. A. Lujan, R. Picorel, V. Zazubovich, J. Phys. Chem. B 125 (2021) 3278-3285.
Bound Detergent Molecules in Bacterial Reaction Centers Facilitate Detection of Tetryl Explosive. D. Modafferi, V. Zazubovich, L. Kalman, Photosynth. Res., 145 (2020) 145-157.
· Conformational Changes in Pigment-Protein Complexes at Low Temperatures – Spectral Memory and a Possibility of Cooperative Effects, M. Najafi, N. Herascu, G. Shafiei, R.Picorel and V. Zazubovich, J. Phys. Chem. B 119 (2015) 6930−6940.
· Biophotonics of Photosynthesis, V. Zazubovich and R.Jankowiak; Invited chapter for Photonics: Scientific Foundations,Technology and Applications; D. L. Andrews, Ed.,Vol. 4, Wiley 2015, pp. 129-164.
· Site Selective and Single Complex Laser-Based Spectroscopies: A Window on Excited State Electronic Structure, Excitation Energy Transfer, and Electron-Phonon Coupling of Selected Photosynthetic Complexes (Invited Review) , R. Jankowiak, M. Reppert, V.Zazubovich, J. Pieper, T. Reinot, Chem. Rev. 111 (2011) 4546.
· Detection of Explosive Compounds using Photosystem II-based Biosensor, V.Bhalla, X. Zhao, V. Zazubovich, J. Electroanal. Chem. 657 (2011) 84.
Potential graduate students are encouraged to contact me at any time. Please note, however, that application deadline for September start is in February!
A wide variety of projects is available for undergraduate students – whichever your natural inclinations are (or in whichever way you want to challenge yourself) – optical, mechanical,chemical, software-related, or a combination of all of the above – we can find something for you. Have a look at the research page for current research directions and past student projects.
PHYS 205, Electricity and Magnetism
PHYS 252, Optics
· SCOL 350, Random Processes (a hybrid between probability theory and biophysics)
· PHYS 497 and 496: Please contact me if you are interested in doing an undergraduate research project with me (specialization or honors; I accept Chemistry students as well)
© Concordia University