New limits to on-campus activities as of October 8
Yesterday, Quebec’s Ministry of Education asked universities that are in the COVID-19 “red zone” to put into place their emergency protocols starting October 8, and to limit in-person activities on their campuses as much as possible.
Given the stringent health and safety measures already in place at Concordia, and the fact that we continue to follow all public health protocols, nothing is changing except the following:
- In-person gatherings are no longer allowed on university grounds. This means that in-person varsity sports games are cancelled and the Social Distancing Circle program is suspended until further notice.
- Canada’s COVID-Alert app coverage will soon extend to Quebec. We encourage all members of the Concordia community to download it via the App Store or Google Play.
Everything else remains as is
- The very small number of in-person teaching activities will continue to be delivered as planned.
- Employees currently working from home will continue to do so until further notice.
- Research labs will continue to operate as they do now.
- Faculty offices as well as teaching labs remain accessible, with anyone coming to campus needing to complete both a Moodle training on COVID-19 and a self-evaluation form before doing so.
- Reserved study spaces in the Library will remain available to those students who need them, as will the Library’s contactless book pick-up, eReserves, inter-library loans and ‘Scan and Deliver’ services.
- Any faculty and staff member currently coming to campus for work, instruction or research purposes can continue to do so. Travelling for work is considered essential.
As a reminder, it remains critically important for members of the Concordia community to follow all health and safety protocols while on campus. In addition, we encourage everyone participating in in-person activities on campus to wear face coverings at all times – not just when in shared public spaces.
|Michael Di Grappa
Vice-President, Services and Sustainability
Interim Provost and Vice-President, Academic