Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Education
Systematic Review Team Leader, Centre for the Study of Learning and Performance
Recent invited presentations
• PhD Educational Communication, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1978
• MS General Curriculum, University of Tennessee, 1974
• BS Elementary School Curriculum, University of Tennessee, 1972
• Distance Education, Online Learning, Blended Learning
• Models of Instruction (Teacher-centered and Student-centered)
• Technology Integration in Classroom Instruction
• Critical Thinking (Skills and Dispositions)
• Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
• Research Design, Research Methods and Quantitative Methods
• Professor, Concordia University, 1991- 2017
• Associate Professor, Concordia University, 1983-1991
• Assistant Professor, Concordia University, 1979-1983
• Lecturer, University of Washington, 1978-1979
• Pre-Doctoral Research Associate, University of Washington, 1974-1978
• Elementary School Teacher, Nashville, TN Public Schools, 1968-1974
View Robert Bernard's CV
Research Methods and Statistics, Meta-Analysis
• Bernard, R. M. (2017, April). What meta-analyses say about the effectiveness of distance education, online learning and blended learning. Invited presentation and panel discussion at the Online Learning Consortium (OLC) conference. New Orleans. LA.
• Bernard, R. M. (2015, October). Howto integrate meta-analysis into our daily practice: Problems, pitfalls and pearls. Invited presented to the Pediatric Department at St. Justine Hospital (University of Montreal). Montreal, QC.
• Bernard, R. M. (2013, June). The state of research in online and blended learning and how we can move forward (in the short-term and the long-term). Invited presented at the 2013 meeting of SALTISE, Dawson College, Montreal, QC.
© Concordia University