Reading Week 2020: what’s open, what’s closed
No classes or other instructional activities take place at Concordia during Reading Week, which starts Monday, February 25, and ends with the university’s President’s Holiday on Friday, February 28.
- Concordia’s Vanier and Webster Libraries will be open with regular service hours during Reading Week, apart from February 28, when they will be open for study only.
- The Grey Nuns Reading Room and group study rooms will be open with regular service during Reading Week, including February 28.
- The Welcome Centre will remain open on February 28 to prospective students. Advisors will be available to assist with admissions applications and questions.
The Leonard and Bina Ellen Art Gallery
- The Ellen Art Gallery will be open from Tuesday to Thursday, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Note, however, that it will be closed for Presidents Day on Friday, February 28.
Concordia President’s Holiday: February 28
The university will be observing a weekend schedule on Friday, February 28.
This means that the main buildings will remain accessible.
February 28 closures
- Campus Wellness & Support Services (both campuses)
- Concordia Stores (both campuses)
- Health Services (both campuses)
- Access Centre for Students with Disabilities
- Counselling & Psychological Services
- Shuttle bus services
- Student Success Centre
- All athletic facilities including the Loyola Campus gymnasium, Stinger Dome and Ed Meagher Arena will remain open with regular operating hours for the duration of Reading Week.
- The PERFORM Centre Conditioning Floor and Le Gym will be closed on February 28.
Food and beverage services
- Except the Grey Nuns and Buzz Dining Halls, retail cafés on both campuses will be operating on a reduced schedule during Reading Week. On February 28, the SP and LB Tim Hortons and the SP Market will be closed.
- All parking sites will remain open for the duration of Reading Week.
- The shuttle bus will be on a reduced schedule from Monday, February 24, to Thursday, February 27. There will be no shuttle service on Friday, February 28.
- Tunnel access between the metro and the EV building will remain accessible on Friday, February 28.
- Tunnel access between the metro and the H and LB buildings will be closed.
Going away during Reading Week? Visit Concordia’s travel safety webpage.