Mariana Frank, PhD
PhD, MSc (University of Toronto)
BSc, Honours Physics (Concordia University)
I am a High Energy Theorist and I work in the general area of Electroweak Theory/Beyond The Standard Model phenomenology.
My main areas of interest in research are:
- Supersymmetry, Minimal Supersymmetric Standard Model and Beyond, with particular emphasis on U'(1) models and the Left-Right Supersymmetric Model.
- Precision Tests of Physics Beyond the Standard Model, especially CP violation and Flavor Violation (lepton flavor violation, electric dipole moments, top FCNC decays).
- Spontaneous symmetry violation (in particular the connection between R parity and CP).
- Theories with Warped Extra Dimensions and their consequences at colliders.
- Dark Matter candidates in supersymmetric and non-supersymmetric models (relic density, direct and indirect detection experiments, collider signals).
- LHC phenomenology: Higgs and top production and decays, extra gauge bosons, exotic particles and their consequences.
At present, I have active collaborations with high energy theorists in Montreal, Finland, France and India.
Mariana Frank, Nima Pourtolami and Manuel Toharia, “Bulk Higgs with a heavy diphoton signal”, Phys. Rev. D 95 , 036007, 1-17 (2017).
B. Acharya et. al. , The MoEDAL Collaboration, “ Search for magnetic monopoles with the MoEDAL forward trapping detector in 13 TeV proton-proton collisions at the LHC”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 061801, 1-6 (2017).
Mariana Frank, Katri Huitu, Ushoshi Maitra and Monalisa Patra, “Probing Higgs-radion mixing in complementary searches at the LHC and the ILC”, Phys. Rev. D 94, 055016, 1- 22 (2016).
Mariana Frank, Alfonso Furlang Diaz, Reyna Xoxocotzi, Nima Pourtolami and Manuel Toharia, “Flavor-changing decays of the top quark in 5D Warped Models”, Phys. Rev. D 94, 036001, 1- 18 (2016).
B. Acharya et. al. , The MoEDAL Collaboration, “Search for magnetic monopoles with the MoEDAL prototype trapping detector in 8 TeV proton-proton collisions at the LHC”, JHEP08 067, 1-25 (2016).
Mariana Frank, Nima Pourtolami and Manuel Toharia, “Higgs Production and Decay in 5D Warped Models", Phys. Rev. D 93, 056004, 1-16 (2016).
Mariana Frank, Cherf Hamzaoui, Nima Pourtolami and Manuel Toharia, “Flavor Symmetry in warped extra dimensional spaces", Phys. Rev. D 91, 116001, 1-19 (2015).
Sahar Bahrami and Mariana Frank, “Dark Matter in the Higgs Triplet Model”, Phys. Rev. D 91 ,075003, 1-16 (2015). [Fig. 7 chosen for Kaleidoscope April 2015 .]
Mariana Frank, Cherf Hamzaoui, Nima Pourtolami and Manuel Toharia, “Unified Flavor Symmetry from warped dimensions”, Phys. Lett. B 742, 178-182 (2015).
Satyaki Bhattacharya, Mariana Frank, Katri Huitu, Ushoshi Maitra, Biswarup Mukhopadhyaya and Santosh Rai, “Probing the light radion through diphotons at the Large Hadron Collider”, Phys. Rev. D 91, 016008, 1-11 (2015).