Students in academic jeopardy
Struggling undergraduate students should connect as soon as possible with their FOFA Student Academic Services advisor to discuss their situation and options to avoid falling into academic trouble: failing course(s)/falling into Conditional or Failed Standing.
FOFA Student Academic Services advisors can discuss strategic options including:
- Dropping course(s) = DISC
- Incomplete Notation = INC
- Repeating courses with failed/poor grades
- Late Withdrawal from courses = retro-active DISC or DNE
- Medical Notation = MED
- Taking a planned academic break
Undergraduate students must have both a cumulative and last annual GPA of at least 2.00 to be eligible to graduate.
Academic jeopardy letters
The Registrar issues Academic Jeopardy Letters every January to all undergraduate students who have attempted at least 6 credits during the Fall semester resulting in a GPA of less than 2.00. This communication is a warning, as statistically many who receive it will fall into either Conditional or Failed standing during the annual assessment in May.
If you have received this letter, then it is imperative that you follow the directions included in it and attend the session offered with FOFA Student Academic Services & Student Success Centre.
You are encouraged to take charge of your role in your academic journey.
Connect with campus resources to help get you back on track
Academic Assessment each May determines your “Annual GPA”
- 2.00+ = Good Academic Standing
- 1.50-1.99 = Conditional Standing
- 0.00-1.49 = Failed Standing
Conditional standing students
Students in Conditional Standing will receive a notice from the Registrar at the end of the academic year. A registration hold goes on their file and must connect with their Department to get advising and have this lifted. Students in “Art History & Studio” & “Art History & Film Studies” Majors should connect with the Art History Department for this.
Conditional Standing rules
- Students on Conditional Standing must attempt at least 12 credits the next academic year of study and have an annual GPA of at least 2.00 to return to Good Academic Standing.
- Students on Conditional Standing who attempt at least 12 credits the next academic year of study who do not have annual GPA of at least 2.00 will be put in Failed Standing and removed from their studies.
FOFA SAS Conditional Standing Info Session on Zoom
All sessions are the same, and each one last about 45 mins, plus time for questions at the end
- Sessions to resume in May 2024