Faculty Council is responsible for the governance of the academic affairs of the Faculty of Fine Arts and for making recommendations concerning academic matters to Senate.
Chaired by the Dean and composed of full-time and part-time faculty members, graduate and undergraduate students, and staff members, Council meets monthly.
1. Establish committees, and delegate any of its responsibilities to committees; receive, consider, and act upon the reports of its committees.
2. Consider and recommend to Senate, or in the case of graduate programs, to the Council of the School of Graduate Studies:
- any changes, additions or deletions in the curriculum for degrees, certificates or diplomas offered within the Faculty.
- any changes, additions or deletions in honours, major or any Programs offered within the Faculty.
- any changes, additions or deletions in course offerings within the Faculty.
3. Decide on students’ requests for exemption from the academic regulations. The Faculty Council shall submit annually to Senate a report on the disposition of students’ requests.
4. Recommend to Senate, or in the case of graduate programs, to the Council of the School of Graduate Studies, the list of candidates for the conferment of degrees, certificates and diplomas.
5. Grant Faculty awards.
6. Recommend to Senate on the granting of other awards when called upon to do so.
7. Recommend to Senate on the establishment, consolidation or discontinuance of departments.
8. Appoint Faculty representatives to University committees when called upon to do so.
9. Appoint Faculty representatives to Senate.
10. Make recommendations to Senate concerning the composition of the Faculty Council.
11. Make any recommendations it sees fit to Senate or to the appropriate University administrators.
12. Establish procedures for the conduct of its affairs.
Chair & Secretary
- Rebecca Duclos, Dean (Chair)
- Helen Athanassiadis, Secretary (non-voting)
- Elyse Murphy, Recording Secretary (non-voting)
- Graham Carr, Interim President and Vice-Chancellor
- Anne Whitelaw, Interim Provost and Vice-President, Academic Affairs
- Christophe Guy, Vice-President, Research & Graduate Studies
- Cilia Sawadogo, Associate Dean
- Elaine Cheasley Paterson, Associate Dean
- Joanna Berzowska, Associate Dean
- Juan Carlos Castro, Chair, Department of Art Education
- Johanne Sloan, Chair, Department of Art History
- Jean-Claude Bustros, Chair, Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema
- Silvy Panet-Raymond, Chair, Department of Contemporary Dance
- Guylaine Vaillancourt, Chair, Department of Creative Arts Therapies
- Christopher Moore, Acting Chair, Design and Computation Arts
- Mark Corwin, Chair, Department of Music
- Leila Sujir, Chair, Department of Studio Arts
- Raymond Marius Boucher, Acting Chair, Theatre
Elected or Nominated Members
- Vivek Venkatesh, Art Education
- Steven Stowell, Art History
- Bonnie Harnden, Creative Arts Therapies
- Luca Caminati, Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema
- M.Wright, Design & Computation Arts
- Kelly Thompson, Department of Studio Arts
- Georges Dimitrov, Department of Music
- Jessica Carmichael, Department of Theatre
Part-Time Faculty Representatives
- David Douglas, Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema
- Laurie Milner, Department of Studio Arts
- Florence Figols, Department of Contemporary Dance
- Angela Tsafaras
Five Undergraduate Student Representatives
- Clara Michaeu
- Daisy Duncan
- Alexandra Macdonald
- Adia Parris
- Abigail Vybihal
Two Graduate Student Representatives
- Peter Pawelek, delegate for Dean, School of Graduate Studies
- John Latour, delegate for University Librarian
- Marie-Claire Newman, delegate for Registrar
- Andy Murdoch, Fine Arts, Communications Advisor
- Administrative Directors of the Faculty of Fine Arts reporting directly to the Dean
In 2019-20, Faculty Council meetings have been scheduled in EV 2.776 as follows:
|Friday, September 13, 2019||10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. A closed session (Special Graduation Meeting) will be held.|
|Friday, October 18, 2019||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, November 8, 2019||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, December 13, 2019||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, January 17, 2020||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, February 14, 2020||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, March 13, 2020||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, April 17, 2020||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, May 15, 2020||10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. A closed session (Special Graduation Meeting) will be held.|
The documents provided at the 2015-16 Faculty Council meetings
- Friday, September 18, 2015
- Friday, October 16, 2015
- Friday, November 13, 2015
- Friday, December 11, 2015
- Friday, January 15, 2016
- Friday, February 12, 2016
- Friday, March 11, 2016
- Friday, April 15, 2016
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016
The documents provided at the 2014-15 Faculty Council meetings
- Friday, September 12, 2014
- Friday, October 10, 2014
- Friday, November 14, 2014
- Friday, December 5, 2014
- Friday, January 9, 2015
- Friday, March 20, 2015
- Friday, April 17, 2015
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Documents provided at the 2013-14 Faculty Council meetings