Faculty Council is responsible for the governance of the academic affairs of the Faculty of Fine Arts and for making recommendations concerning academic matters to Senate.
Chaired by the Dean and composed of full-time and part-time faculty members, graduate and undergraduate students, and staff members, Council meets monthly.
1. Establish committees, and delegate any of its responsibilities to committees; receive, consider, and act upon the reports of its committees.
2. Consider and recommend to Senate, or in the case of graduate programs, to the Council of the School of Graduate Studies:
- any changes, additions or deletions in the curriculum for degrees, certificates or diplomas offered within the Faculty.
- any changes, additions or deletions in honours, major or any Programs offered within the Faculty.
- any changes, additions or deletions in course offerings within the Faculty.
3. Decide on students’ requests for exemption from the academic regulations. The Faculty Council shall submit annually to Senate a report on the disposition of students’ requests.
4. Recommend to Senate, or in the case of graduate programs, to the Council of the School of Graduate Studies, the list of candidates for the conferment of degrees, certificates and diplomas.
5. Grant Faculty awards.
6. Recommend to Senate on the granting of other awards when called upon to do so.
7. Recommend to Senate on the establishment, consolidation or discontinuance of departments.
8. Appoint Faculty representatives to University committees when called upon to do so.
9. Appoint Faculty representatives to Senate.
10. Make recommendations to Senate concerning the composition of the Faculty Council.
11. Make any recommendations it sees fit to Senate or to the appropriate University administrators.
12. Establish procedures for the conduct of its affairs.
Chair & Secretary
- Annie Gérin (votes only in the event of a tie)
- Tristan Khaner, Secretary (non-voting)
- Elyse Murphy, Recording Secretary (non-voting)
- Graham Carr, President and Vice-Chancellor
- Anne Whitelaw, Interim Provost and Vice-President, Academic
- Paula Wood-Adams, Vice-President, Research & Graduate Studies
- Elaine Cheasley Paterson, Associate Dean, Academic Programs and Pedagogy
- Kristina Huneault, Associate Dean, Faculty Relations and Inclusion
- MJ Thompson, Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies
- Juan Carlos Castro, Chair, Art Education
- Johanne Sloan, Chair, Art History
- Michael Montanaro, Acting Chair, Contemporary Dance
- Guylaine Vaillancourt, Chair, Creative Arts Therapies
- pk Langshaw, Chair, Design and Computation Arts
- Jean-Claude Bustros, Chair, Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema
- Mark Corwin, Chair, Music
- Leila Sujir, Chair, Studio Arts
- Mark Sussman, Acting Chair, Theatre
Elected or Nominated Members
- Anita Sinner, Art Education
- John Potvin, Art History
- Bonnie Harnden, Creative Arts Therapies
- Richard Kerr, Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema
- M.Wright, Design & Computation Arts
- Erika Adams, Department of Studio Arts
- Georges Dimitrov, Department of Music
- Luis Sotelo Castro, Department of Theatre
Part-Time Faculty Representatives
- David Douglas, Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema
- Santo Romano, Department of Design & Computation Arts
- Florence Figols, Department of Contemporary Dance
- Angela Tsafaras
Five Undergraduate Student Representatives
- Maddi Berger
- Anni Jefferson
- Yann Pignard
- Alicia Turgeon
Two Graduate Student Representatives
- Jacqueline Ristola
- Peter Pawelek, delegate for Dean, School of Graduate Studies
- John Latour, delegate for University Librarian
- Marie-Claire Newman, delegate for Registrar
- Andy Murdoch, Fine Arts, Communications Advisor
- Administrative Directors of the Faculty of Fine Arts reporting directly to the Dean
In 2020-21, Faculty Council meetings have been scheduled via zoom:
|Friday, September 11, 2020||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, October 9, 2020||10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. A closed session (Special Graduation Meeting) will be held.|
|Friday, November 6, 2020||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, December 4, 2020||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, January 15, 2021||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, February 12, 2021||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, March 12, 2021||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, April 9, 2021||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, May 14, 2021||10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. A closed session (Special Graduation Meeting) will be held.|
The documents provided at the 2019-2020 Faculty Council meetings will be available approximately one week prior to each meeting.
The documents provided at the 2015-16 Faculty Council meetings
- Friday, September 18, 2015
- Friday, October 16, 2015
- Friday, November 13, 2015
- Friday, December 11, 2015
- Friday, January 15, 2016
- Friday, February 12, 2016
- Friday, March 11, 2016
- Friday, April 15, 2016
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016
The documents provided at the 2014-15 Faculty Council meetings
- Friday, September 12, 2014
- Friday, October 10, 2014
- Friday, November 14, 2014
- Friday, December 5, 2014
- Friday, January 9, 2015
- Friday, March 20, 2015
- Friday, April 17, 2015
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Documents provided at the 2013-14 Faculty Council meetings