Update: Faculty of Fine Arts Winter term
Updated on January 14, 2022.
While we were looking forward to bringing our courses back to in-person delivery this term, we are currently delivering instruction remotely. The safety of our students, staff and faculty is our primary concern.
At the start of the term, the Government of Quebec mandated that all teaching and assessment should be delivered remotely until January 17, with an allowable transition period until January 31. Given the current public health situation, Concordia University has extended that transition period until Feburary 2, 2022.
Expect in-person classes to resume on Thursday, February 3. Please contact your department and your instructors for detailed information on the transition from remote to in-person teaching.
Concordia faculty and staff will operate and make decisions that both align with government policy and best serve the diverse needs and expectations of our community. We will continue to work in coordination with government bodies, to monitor and evaluate the public health situation to ensure a safe return to campus for our students as soon as possible.
We would like to remind you that, as planned, Concordia will continue to make some in-person on campus services available to students, such as:
- The Birks Student Services Centre and other university-wide student services.
- If you’d like to take a break, you can make use of designated spaces.
- The Vanier Library and/or the Webster Library are open, please consult their operating hours via the Library website before coming to campus.
- The Core Technical Centre (CTC) facilities are available by appointment. You can schedule virtual consultations to arrange a visit. They will also offer virtual orientation sessions and their guidelines for the winter term have been updated on their website.
- As of January 10, the Centre for Digital Arts (CDA) will be open from 9:00 am to 8:30 pm Monday to Friday by appointment only. The CDA computer lab, edit suites, are also available. For assistance and up-to-date information on hours and booking procedures, please refer to the CDA Website.
- Student Academic Services in the Faculty of Fine Arts will continue to offer drop-in zoom sessions, and constant phone and online access for new students and returning students. They will also offer limited in-person access, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. from Monday to Thursday in EV 2.710. Email email@example.com to get in touch.
- There will be continued online access to department administrators. In-person access to departments will vary by department so be sure to consult their website.
- Departments offering activities on campus (e.g. studio access, CDA, CTC, editing suites, etc.), will have staff and faculty members on campus on a limited basis.
- Departments with no activities on campus may only be accessible online.
- Please contact your department, your instructors and your Moodle accounts for detailed information on what in-person facilities and resources are available to you at the program level.
- If you are a graduate student who needs to be on campus or to commute from or to the campuses during curfew for research purposes, please write to Cinzia.Miscio@concordia.ca to ask for an attestation letter, and copy your Dean or supervisor.
- If you are a student who needs to be on campus or commute from or to the campuses during curfew for in-person activities related to your courses, you will be able to download the attestation letter from the course Moodle site as of January 10.