Minor in Business Studies
Add a Minor in Business Studies to your Non-JMSB Degree
JMSB Minors are reserved for current JMSB students. Non-JMSB students may add the Minor in Business Studies to their degree.
To be eligible to add a Minor in Business Studies you must:
- Have a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.5 or above
- Have achieved an average grade of 2.70 (B-) or better in MATH 208 and MATH 209. (Students who have received an exemption for MATH 208 must achieve a minimum grade of 2.70 in MATH 209, and vice versa.)
- Have completed all five of the JMSB prerequisites and have all grades posted on your student record. The JMSB prerequisites are:
- BTM 200 (Fundamentals of Information Technology)
- ECON 201 (Introduction to Microeconomics)
- ECON 203 (Introduction to Macroeconomics)
- MATH 208 (Linear Algebra)
- MATH 209 (Calculus I)
To add the Minor in Business Studies, email a completed Change of Concentration form and a digital copy of your Unofficial Transcripts to Muriell Salari (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please enter Minor in Business Studies as subject line and include your student ID number.
With a Minor in Business Studies students are able to take two Commerce (COMM) courses per semester. You may not take a full course load of JMSB courses. COMM courses taken within the Minor of Business Studies are credited and will count towards core business courses. Please note that all courses taken at Concordia University, including COMM courses, will be taken into account towards your cumulative grade point average (CGPA).