Established in 1995, the Marketing Co-op Program has grown to become one of the largest in the university. Our graduates have gone on to successful careers in such areas as product management, advertising, public relations, sales, event management, fundraising, fashion, direct marketing and online marketing. Many have become entrepreneurs and have launched their own enterprises. What is particularly rewarding is that former Marketing Co-op students consistently hire current Marketing Co-op students for co-op work terms.
Typical work positions:
The field of marketing is one of the most diverse in the business world and our Marketing Co-op work terms certainly reflect this diversity.Recent work terms include placement in the following areas:
- Brand management
- Business development
- Promotional material creation and production
- Public relations
- Talent & event coordination
Marketing Co-op employers include:
- Mega Brands
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- Beiersdorf (Nivea)
- Pratt & Whitney
Marketing Co-op program advantages:
- Explore different career possibilities in the marketing field to find the one that suits you best.
- Apply what you’ve learned in class to real life marketing problems and opportunities.
- Experience first-hand how marketing is put to use in large corporations, small companies, governments and not-for-profit organizations.
- Strengthen your writing and presentation skills.
- Expand your network within the marketing community.
- Apply what you’ve learned during your work terms to the projects that you’ll be working on in your marketing program.
“This work term has helped me clarify and redefine my career goals. It allowed me to grow personally, with my confidence, as well as professionally, in managing tasks and team communication. I had the privilege to work with great mentors as well as open-minded individuals within the company.”
— Edouard Hon Tse, Bombardier Aerospace
“Overall, my experience at Genetec was an educational one and a great introduction to what working for a large organization looks like and I am proud to say that they have hired me for a part-time position during the fall semester.”
— Michelle Dansereau, Genetec
"I underestimated just how much I would learn and just how diverse the knowledge and set of responsibilities I got to experience first handedly. My internship at Beiersdorf was one of the best choices I have ever made.”
— Juliette Oliver, Beiersdorf Canada