The Finance Co-op program was introduced in 1999. Thanks to strong student demand and the large number of employers interested in hiring our students, it is the fastest growing co-op in the faculty. The program’s primary objective is to provide students with the opportunity to apply what they have learned in the classroom to real-world situations, to observe the practices of a specific industry and of an individual organization, and to work with financial experts. The Co-op program also allows our school to build relationships with local businesses.
Finance Co-op career opportunities:
- Financial Support Representative
- Market Analysis
- Research Financial Analyst
- Research Associate
- Taxpayer Service Agent
Recent Finance Co-op employers include:
- Caisse Populaire Desjardins
- Canada Revenue Agency
- GE Canada
- Industrial Alliance
- National Bank
- Pratt & Whitney Canada
- Standard Life Corporation
The Finance Co-op advantage:
- Gives students a chance to put their academic knowledge into real-world practice
- Gives industrial exposure beyond textbook knowledge..
- Develops students’ character and attitude for the workplace.
- Refines students’ skills and abilities to cope under pressure
- Builds students’ professional awareness and competitiveness.
- Strengthens students’ personal commitment levels.
- Contributes to an impressive CV upon graduation, with work experience to back up their portfolios and academic achievements for prospective employers.
- Offers free professional development courses to enhance soft skills for marketability.
- Enables students upon graduation to carry out tasks efficiently and effectively, with good attitude, a willingness to learn while being diligent, and disciplined.