New Student Checklist
The following steps apply to all new international students.
- Upload documents in your Student Hub (You can also find this link in your Student Hub)
- Select the type of document you would like to upload then attach your file from the drop-down menu. Repeat this step until you have uploaded all of your travel documents. Once done, click Submit.
- To find out what these documents look like, click here.
- Both your CAQ and study permit or your passport (if you are a one-term exchange student) must be uploaded to your Student Hub by the DNE deadline of your first term at Concordia University.
- Go to your Student Hub. Under the Personal Information section, select Code Permanent Data Form.
- Check if the information on the form is correct and click Submit.
- Make sure all required documents are uploaded (CAQ and Study Permit for students for more than 6 months or the biographical page of your current and valid passport for students who will be studying for one term only) - as per Step 1
- Questions about your permanent code should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the Permanent Code is issued, you will be able to view it by clicking on the Code Permanent Data Form button.
Tuition fee payment deadlines:
- Summer tuition and fees are due by May 31
- Fall tuition and fees are due by September 30
- Winter tuition and fees are due by January 31
To learn how much is due, refer to the tuition and fee information in your Student Hub.
The link to manage tuition and fee payments can also be found in your Student Hub.
If you are in need of advice or assistance regarding tuition and tuition payment, contact the Student Accounts office at email@example.com.
Only if applicable:
Submit required document(s) to complete your admission condition(s). Follow-up inquiries should be directed to your Admission Officer. Their contact information is available in your offer of admission.
Your official student identification, issued by Card Services, is key to accessing facilities and services on campus, plus student pricing off campus too.
A student ID card lets you borrow items from the Library, use on-campus printers, hop on the shuttle bus, get a reduced-fare transit pass, and more!
- Register for at least one course, then wait 24 hours.
- Next, drop by Card Services, where staff will take your photo and issue your card within minutes. (We do not accept digital photos.) Bring your student ID number and a piece of government-issued photo identification. Without them, we cannot issue your student ID.
We will charge the $12.70 fee directly to your student account. A replacement card costs $16.60.
The Société de transport de Montréal (STM) uses your student ID card photo to create your transit pass, the OPUS card.
You may submit an OPUS card request 24 hours after the university issues your student ID.
To qualify for an OPUS card, you must have a home address in Quebec saved in your Student Centre and you must be enrolled in full-time studies (at least 12 credits). Note that wait-listed courses do not count towards enrolment.
The STM will mail your OPUS card to your home address.
To request an OPUS card, log into the Student Hub, then navigate to My CU Account > Student Centre > Student Services > Online OPUS Card Requests.
Follow the instructions and make a payment of $15 to the STM via the OPUS platform.
Another option: print an OPUS attestation letter (per the attestation letter instructions, specifying OPUS letter) and then take it to the STM photo studio at Berri-UQAM metro station. Note that you may need an appointment.
If you run into any problems, feel free to contact Birks staff. Reach us at 514-848-2424, ext. 2668, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log onto “ConcordiaUniversity” WIFI using your Concordia netname and password as the WIFI username and password.
- You must be a registered student to be able to connect to the WIFI.
- You will be able to connect once your first semester begins.
To open a bank account, go to the “New Accounts” department at a bank. A bank employee will explain the different types of accounts and the costs and services associated with each type of account. It is a good idea to check with several banks to determine which bank offers the best account for your needs. In most banks, it is possible to open a bank account by showing your passport, your Concordia Letter of Admission or I.D. card, your Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ), and Study Permit. You will also be asked to show a copy of your apartment lease as proof of residency in Montreal.
There are a number of competing telephone companies that provide good mobile phoneplans. Explore your options and choose whichever suits your needs best. Here are some providers:
- Bell: bell.ca
- Fido: fido.ca
- Koodo: koodomobile.com
- Primus: primus.ca
- Rogers: rogers.com
- Telus: telus.com
- Sprint: sprint.com
- Virgin: virginmobile.ca
You can use PlanHub to compare phone plans and find the right one for you!
Concordia Unviersity will use email to contact you. Please make sure that your emaill settings are not sending our emails to your junk or spam folder!